The course “Finding Peace in a Frantic World” includes “simple yet powerful practices that you can incorporate into daily life to help you break the cycle of anxiety, stress, unhappiness and exhaustion.”
This programme is based on the best-selling book, Mindfulness: Guide to Finding Peace in Frantic World by Mark Williams and Danny Penman. It is a highly accessible, engaging and practical introduction to mindfulness. The Oxford Mindfulness Centre has developed this programme to teach people how to develop mindfulness skills and how to use these skills to improve mental health.
This course is for anyone who wants a structured, practical, and highly accessible introduction to mindfulness. It is appropriate for people new to mindfulness, anyone who has tried mindfulness apps or perhaps read a book and wants the structure of a teacher-led course. The format of the course includes:
- A one hour orientation / tester session to help you decide if the course is right for you;
- A short application form to enable me to assess if the course is right for you, at this time;
- Classes include formal and informal mindful practices, learning exercises and discussion;
- Weekly classes of 1.5 hours over eight weeks, or 2 hours over six weeks;
- Home practice of twenty minutes a day, for six days out of seven.